Thursday, May 23, 2013

2-311 - Twitter



Students of class 2-311,
Last week we did our first lesson about Twitter and how to post a tweet. Today we did a quick review.

I would like you to comment with answers to a few questions. This is a bit of a quiz on some of the terms we learned last week as well as a personal reflection.

Here are the questions (the first 6 are short answer, the last 2 are extended response)...





  1. what is the # symbol called?
  2. if you are tweeting for the lab what # will you always use?
  3. what are the 3 PS10 #s?
  4. how many characters can a tweet be?
  5. do pictures count as characters?
  6. what is the Computer Lab Twitter name?
  7. what do you think about Twitter?
  8. what are your thoughts about instantly publishing your work to the world?


Please answer all the questions. You are allowed to answer 1-6 as simple, short, responses. 7 & 8 need more detail in full & complete sentences.

We will review all the questions and answers, as well as all proper tweeting procedures once everyone has commented.

Thank you!


Remember - Comment as "Name/URL" and use your first name and last initial (proper capitalization, no URL)- please respond in full and complete sentences - double check your work before posting your comment.

19 comments:

LiaN said...

I love twitter because it is fun and you can do any comment that you want to post and I love how it goes out to the world so any one can see it. I also love twitter because its awesome and I like how Mr.Casal publishes it and makes our classes twitter comment better so people can see our work nicely. But I don't like how Mr.Casals friends can re-do our twitter comment.

MarleyA said...

I love Twitter because it's fun. i love to say what I feel and I can do that on Twitter. That's why I love Twitter. I think publishing in instantly is bad because you don't have enough time to check your work.

jeremiahD said...

the # symbol is called a hashtag also if you are tweeting
for the class the # you will use is P.S10st. the three P.S10 # hashtags are P.S10st. P.S.10sw and P.S10bk.
in twitter you can only use up to 140 characters also
pictures count as characters.

Eamon k said...

I forgot the # symbol.
If I am tweeting for the lab I should always use #ps10 ST. ST SW CW.
I was trying to remember the other things.
Pictures count as characters.

EmmtH said...

The symbol is called a hashtag. You will use ps10st. The 3 hashtags are called ps10st ps10bk ps10sw.240 characters can be tweeted. Pictures do count. It is P.S10 tech. I think twitter is O.K because wants you send it out you can not get it back.

SashaA said...

The symbol is called a hash tag.
I do not remember.
The 3 PS10 hash tag's are BK

FelixA said...

Felix from 2-311
Hashtag
I do not know
#ps10st #ps10sw #ps10bk
140
yes
ps10tech
I think twitter is bad because the whole world does not need to know your name is Felix or Bob or Jeff


JosephS said...

The # is a hashtag.
I use PS10#st.
ps10 #sw.
ps10 #bk.
ps10 #st.
140.
ps10teck.

CheoL said...

The # symbol is called a hash tag. If you are tweeting for the lab you will always use #ps10st or #ps10sw. The three P.S. 10 hash tags are #ps10st, #ps10sw and #ps10bk. A tweet can be 140 characters long. Pictures do count as characters. The computer lab Twitter name is P.S. 10 tech. I think Twitter is

liaM said...

The symbol is called hash tag. the lab#will be st

EleanorC said...

The # symbol is called a hash tag. The # you will always use is #PS10st. The 3 PS10 symbols are #PS10st., PS10sw.

SequoiaR said...

Tweeting can be hard.
The symbol # is a hashtag.
If you are tweeting in the lab, you will always use the #ps10st.
The 3 #`s for PS10 are, #ps10st, #ps10sw, #ps10br.
There

HelenaW said...

Helena from 2-311
Hashtag
I do not know
#ps10st #p

MadisonG said...

the symbol is called a hashtag. you will p.s.10st . the 3 hashtags are called p.s.10st p.s.10bk p.s.10cw. picture do count as characters.

MaeB said...

I think the symbol is called a hash tag
The hash tag we use is ps10# st
I dont remember.
A tweet can have 140 characters.
Yes pictures do count as a characters.
I do not remember.
I think twitter is fun and interesting.
I think it is kind of hard for me to publish my work to the world because what if you make a mistake and you can never get it back.

lilahH said...

the # symbol is called a hash tag.If you where tweeting for the lab you would used it for.

LibertyG said...

Tweeting is kind of hard. The # is called a hash tag. If I am tweeting for the lab you will always use ps10 #st. The three # are ps10bk, ps10st, and ps10sw. 140 characters can be a tweet. Pictures do not count as characters.

CaitlinO said...

The # symbol is called a hashtag. I

ethanv said...

hashtag

#st

#st #sw #bk

140

yes

ps10tech

good but needs inprovment such as let them have a notice if they are sure if they want to send this tweet

i do not like it and its not good