Even though I am not in the building today we are still moving forward with our Google Apps exploration.
Today, you will start building your own website...
There are two styles of websites so this assignment has two parts.
Websites take many forms. Two possibilities are a blog or a more traditional multi-page site.
A blog, like this one, is one possibility. This blog is a journal of sorts of computer assignments I give my students. Other blogs are based around the author's work, maybe a specific topic or hobby...
The first part of your assignment is to leave a comment below with an idea for what your blog would be about if you were to create one...
The second part of this assignment is to start building a traditions website with multiple pages...
Log in to your @ps10.org account and look for Sites
The step by step directions are here:
Get started with Google Sites
Click on the link above and follow the directions to begin creating your sites
There are a few specific requirements:
- Your site name must be: FirstnameLastinitial - for example, GeorgeT or CalebW
- Your site must be a "personal portfolio" meaning all the content on your site will be directly related to your school work throughout PS 10
- Your "Home" page must be an introduction - at least a few sentences welcoming the viewer to your portfolio
- You must add at least 1 page called "About me" and edit the page to add at least a 1 paragraph biography of yourself
- Under the Sharing options, make sure you share it with me, email@example.com
Leave a comment on your blog topic ideas and start building your Site. I will be checking your comments and your Sites progress during the period...