Wednesday, January 30, 2013

4-404 - 1/31/13 - Build a Website


Students of 4-404,
Even though I am not in the building today we are still moving forward with our work, as well as looking toward a future project.

Today, you will finish your PowerPoint presentations & start thinking about building your own website...


Websites take many forms. Two possibilities are a blog or a more traditional multi-page site.

A blog, like this one, is one possibility. This blog is a journal, of sorts, of computer assignments I give my students. Other blogs are based around the author's work, maybe a specific topic or hobby.

A multi-page website is a site with information, on many pages, which generally don't allow posting comments. My website, www.mrcasal.com, is a more traditional website. PS 10's site, www.ps10.org, is also a more traditional, multi-page, website

The first part of your assignment is to leave a comment below with an idea for what your blog or website would be about if you were to create one...


  • Read these definitions: blogblog2 - website1 website2 
  • Would you choose to create a blog or a website?
  • What would it be about?
  • What kind of pages or blog posts would you have?
  • Who would you want to look at your site or read your posts?


The second part of this assignment is to finish your PowerPoint presentations with full animations & transitions.

When finished:

  • Go to File - Save as Movie
  • Call it "FirstnameLastinitial-Sandy"
  • Save it in your Movies folder (it is in your Home folder)
  • In Safari go to http://www.dropitto.me/mrcasal
  • Mr. Waisome will give you the password
  • Click the "Choose file"button
  • Select your .mov file from your Movies folder and upload it to me


Leave a comment on your blog topic ideas and finish your PowerPoints. I will be checking your comments and your Sites progress during the period...


Remember - Comment as "Name/URL" and use your first name and last initial (proper capitalization, no URL)- please respond in full and complete sentences - double check your work before posting your comment.

11 comments:

jacob lowry said...

i would create a website, it would be about my animations, it would have a guide on how to make animations. people who will look at my website are people who watch my youtube and like my animations.
jacobsanimation.do.am

AminE. said...

This would be really fun doing a web site or a blog. My web site or blog would be about things that happen in school like the fun teachers and the drills we have and more.

Waheeb P said...

My idea for a blog would be something you like. It could be a website where you can get facts from. For Example: a fact website is Wikipedia. It include some of your best power points, word documents, and more. Those are my ideas for a blog.

ayva h. said...

ayva h.

if i could choose between a blog or a website i would choose a blog.My blog would be about music.i would have people post things about what kinds of instruments they play or how they play it.i would like my friends and family to read my blog.

Jakob Lang said...

Jakob L-Sandy

I would choose a website over a blog because a website in my opinion is much better. You have things to do and look, at and sometime's games to play! So to me websites are more enjoyable. You can check a variety of things like cool books or games and when their coming out. That's why I would pick a website.

toby p said...

i all ready created a website its about books and movie reviews so if you join you can post this is the address: http://book-head.webs.com

GriffinC said...

I think building a website is a great idea. I think it is a great idea because people can see what were thinking with out telling them in person. Also because people a long way away from here.
This is why I think building a website is a great idea.

justice c said...

It would be really fun to do a website or a blog. I would probably make a blog, because i want people to post comments of what i put in there.

I would write about exciting thing that happened in my life. I would have pages that say my favorite foods, favorite games and more. I would like a bbbbbuuuuunnnncccchhhhh (bunch) of people to see my blog.













Elias Lyon said...

if i wanted to make either a website or a blog i would make a website with a blog. or a website/blog. i choose both because it would be more interesting and fun to have people doing a blog and looking at pages. it would attract more attention to people that are interested in technology. it would also be more fun to see what people think we should put on the website. i know it would be hard to keep track of all the bloging. but i think i would be up for the challenge.
sincerely, Elias Lyon

Savion Kittrell said...

My website is going to be about fun math games that you can learn from; it is lake a grade by grade website with algebra, multiplication, division, subtraction, addition and so on. you will to problems that start from fourth grade, then it becomes more challenging to fifth, sixth, if you want a real challenge, go to EIGHTH grade. It will be a very interesting website and addicting to your mind to become smarter at math. And that is my website.

Gudelia.h said...

i would pick the website because last time i help one of my cousins and then it look so nice that i even wanted to do one but i forgot all about and since right now i want to make one on my website i would but pictures about fashion and nail spa and hair and crafts for home . I would like my whole family go on it and some of my friends.