Friday, August 6, 2010

Good "everyday" applications...

From the "Tech Learning" blog, a great resource for not only teachers but parents and students as well...

1. NetNewsWire - I use this to stay current with news and blogs from the web. Some use Google Reader but I've always found NetNewsWire to be more than enough for me.
2. Polaris - A dream come true for anybody that uses Goggle's Blogger as his or her blogging platform. This is ideal to track network traffic, top hits, referring sites, etc.
3. iChat - When I'm online and not at work I like to use iChat as my instant messaging client.
4. Bean - A simple, easy-to-use word processor that is a bit more robust than text edit as it can handle images.
5. Skitch - A fun, easy-to-use photo editor that I use mainly for highlighting and making tutorial screen shots.
6. Screenflow - Simply the best screen casting tool around.
7. Pulp Motion - By far my favorite application for making creative slide shows.
8. PhotoPresenter - A nice alternative to Pulp Motion that is very user-friendly.
9. RapidoStart - A great way to organize all of your applications visually.
10. OmniDazzle - A presenter's dream, good for creating effects or spotlights around cursor.

Taken from:

No comments: